Eudora Mail Issue with SSL Certificate
If you are having problem receiving mail with Eudora that deal with a server's SSL certificate rejected, please do the following:
- Press Yes to close out of the error window
- Go to the Tools menu and choose Options
- Select the category called Checking Mail from the left menu
- The last entry should say Secure Sockets when Receiving, and offer choices from a drop-down box, the default settings being 'If Available STARTTLS'
- Click on the drop-down box and select Never
- Go to the category called Sending Mail from the left menu
- Select Never from the Secure Sockets when Sending (instead of 'If Available STARTTLS')
- Click OK to confirm your changes. You should now be all set.